⎾ Orlando Dog Training Classes ⏌
Dog Training Obedience Class for dogs 6 months and older.
In this class, we methodically go through the cues, Sit, Focus, Stay, Come, Down, Down-Stay, and walk nicely on a leash over the course of a 6-week period. Each week you are taught a few cues and you will be given homework to perfect those behaviors at home. There will be a few fun exercises to get our dogs excited about learning. Todd will also be able to answer many of your questions regarding dog ownership in general.
During that 6 week period, you can call, text or email him for any dog behavior questions whether they involve the class curriculum or not. It's a nice perk because you kind of have your own personal dog trainer on retainer for the 6 week run.
The class runs from 45-60 minutes once a week for 6 weeks. Click here to go to calendar to find out when the next class is.
Orlando Puppy Academy for puppies 8 to 14 weeks of age.
Orlando Puppy Academy is unique from most puppy kindergartens and classes. Not only is the course implemented by a certified professional dog trainer, Todd Campbell, but it is also supervised by Dr. Lynn Honeckman, a veterinarian with a special interest in behavior. It is compliant with the puppy socialization guidelines of the American Veterinary Society of Animal Behavior(AVSAB) and the Pet Professional Guild. The Orlando Puppy Academy gives you and your puppy the best possible head start in a positive force-free environment. Your puppy will receive some of the best training by certified professionals and also will get important socialization in a variety of situations and environments. Classes are kept small and intimate with only 3 to 5 puppies per 60 minute class. The class also focuses on the youngest of puppies, 8 to 14 weeks of age. There are two sessions per week over the course of 3 weeks instead of the usual six week puppy obedience classes. This keeps you and your puppy in “the game” making sure your canine gets consistent training and social experience. Click here to go to calendar to find out when the next class is.
Classes are an affordable alternative to private in-home training. Classes will be kept small between 4 and 6 dogs and will run 45-60 minutes every week for 6 weeks.
1. Please – No unattended children. While we love to include children in the training process, they must be accompanied by a non-training adult so as not to disrupt the rest of the class.
2. Dogs must be on a leash at all times unless instructed otherwise.
3. Do not feed your dog 3 hours prior to class time.
4. No screaming, hitting or abuse of any kind will be tolerated. If it is observed, you will immediately be withdrawn from the class with no refund. Remember, good dog training involves teaching the dog how to earn a reward and not how to avoid physical punishment.
5. Dog or people aggressive dogs should not take the class. Excessively shy dogs are also not good candidates for the class. Both these categories of dogs should opt of private in-home training.
5. If you miss a class, it cannot be made up(except in a private lesson for an additional charge) and it is advised that you send someone to take notes for you. Class cannot be held up to go over what you may have missed in a previous class.
6. Please be on time.
7. Please pick up after your dog.
8. Do not allow your puppy to play with others during the class time – there will be short play sessions throughout the class.
Equipment Needed for Class
1. Provide proof of vaccination records
2. 6 foot leash – No retractable or chain leads.
3. Flat collar or harness. Front attaching body harnesses such as the EasyWalk harness is acceptable and encouraged. Please, no choke chain collars, shock collars or prong collars.
4. Treats that your dog loves! We recommend freeze-dried treats but you can also use cheese or hot dogs, for example. Make sure the treats are cut up into pea-sized pieces.
5. Plastic poop bags
6. Treat pouch, which will help to keep your treats handy and your pockets clean.
If the class is held outdoors and in the event of inclement weather or temperatures above 90 degrees, there is a chance the class may be rescheduled – you will receive a call or text message prior to the class so make sure your phone is on. Any cancelled classes with be made up at the end of the session.